Together we seek to honor the Lord’s gift of life at all stages, from the preborn to the vulnerable elderly.
Our Scriptural Mandate
- Then God said,“Let us make man in our image, after our likeness.”—Genesis 1:27
- For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made.—Psalm 139:13–14
- Rescue those who are being taken away to death; hold back those who are stumbling to the slaughter. If you say,“Behold, we did not know this,” does he who weighs the heart not perceive it? Does not he who keeps watch over your soul know it?—Proverbs 24:11–12
Human life is precious to the Lord. Every human being bears the spiritual image and likeness of the Creator of the universe. This distinction sets man above every creature. As Christians, we are called to defend the sanctity of human life.
With the reversal of Roe v. Wade by the U.S. Supreme Court on June 24, 2022, the legal status of abortion returned to each individual state. In Minnesota, abortion is still permitted throughout all nine months of pregnancy. We encourage the citizens of Minnesota to carefully consider their voting options in the mid-term and subsequent elections as we turn our focus from Washington D.C. to St. Paul. Please be in prayer that our State joins other states which have codified in law that abortion is illegal. Such a reversal of current law will only be achieved by a change of heart among the people of Minnesota. Each pro-life individual should ask themselves (and the Lord) what their role should be in advocating for the voiceless. At a minimum, each of us should be in prayer for the hearts of our fellow Americans.
Sanctity of Life Ministry
The Sanctity of Life Ministry (SOLM) helps Bethlehem put Scriptural convictions into action. SOLM ...
- Educates and mobilizes Bethlehem to defend the rights of the preborn and other vulnerable people. Various forums and venues have been utilized over the years, including special speakers, films, seminars, and panel discussions.
- Supports New Life Family Services (Downtown and North campuses) and Amnion Pregnancy Center (South Campus) in their work ministering to women and men facing unplanned pregnancies. Our partnership includes prayer, financial support through fundraising projects, and volunteering to meet various needs.
- Coordinates promotion of and Bethlehem’s participation in the annual “March for Life” at the State Capitol (held annually on January 22 with future date TBD).
- Supports and encourages sidewalk counseling and prayer support outside abortion clinics throughout the metro. Bethlehem partners with Pro-Life Action Ministries, a ministry which focuses on having an effective presence outside abortion clinics and which provides training and coordination for those interested in reaching women at the last “touch point” prior to having an abortion.
How to Get Involved
Join the SOLM Team
Bethlehem’s Sanctity of Life Ministry (SOLM) is eager to welcome new volunteers. Would you join us in helping our church engage in pro-life efforts? To get involved, contact the leader at your campus …
Delsie Baxter (612-866-5075)
Receive the SOLM Email Updates
Email updates are sent with timely details about upcoming events, stories from interactions at the abortion clinics (including babies saved), and prayer requests. To sign up, contact Christian Hunt.
Volunteer With Partner Pro-Life Ministries
Our partner ministries welcome volunteers to serve in various ways. To learn what you can do to help, contact these representatives ...
Pro-Life Action Ministries (plam.org)
Contact: Thomas Wilkin (651-797-6366)
New Life Family Services (nlfs.org)
Contact: Traci Berrey (612-746-5677)
Amnion Pregnancy Center (amnionpc.org)
Contact: Michele Hartshorn (952-898-4350)
Monday, October 3, 6:30pm
Monday, October 10, 6:30pm
Please join us as we gather to pray and plan for how the Lord would have the SOLM serve Bethlehem during the coming year.
Bethlehem’s Day at 40 Days for Life:
Friday, October 7, 2022
40 Days for Life is part of a national prayer vigil held outside of abortion clinics around the U.S. for the singular purpose of asking the Lord to stop abortion in our land. During the next 40 Days (September 28 – November 6), Bethlehem has chosen to participate Friday, October 7, praying with others outside the Planned Parenthood abortion clinic located at 671 Vandalia, St. Paul (just north of 94 on Vandalia). Come between 6am and 6pm as your schedule permits; no sign-up is required.
To find out more about the 40 Days for Life Twin Cities, coordinated by our partner Pro-Life Action Ministries, go to 40 Days Fall 2022
Come and hear how the Lord has worked through our ministry partners during the past year and learn about their plans for the upcoming year. Be inspired and enjoy sweet fellowship. There is no charge to attend any of the following banquets.
Pro-Life Action Ministries – Monday, October 3
Location: Earle Brown Heritage Center, 6155 Earle Brown Drive, Brooklyn Center
Time: Dinner 6:30; Program 7–9pm
Speaker: Shawn Carney, President, and CEO of 40 Days for Life
Reservations: Call James at 651-771-1500 (10am – 4pm)
Sanctity of Life Ministry has reserved a table at no cost to you. Ask to sit at the Bethlehem Baptist table. For more details, go to PLAM Fall 22 Banquet
New Life Family Services – Friday, October 28
Location: Bloomington DoubleTree Hotel, 7800 Normandale Blvd, Bloomington, MN
Time: Check-in 6pm; Dinner & Program 6:30-8:30pm
Speaker: Mike Williams
Reservations: Go to New Life Gala
or call Delaney, New Life’s Event Manager at 612-746-5656.
When reserving, indicate if you wish to sit at the Bethlehem Baptist North or Bethlehem Baptist Downtown table. For more details, go to New Life Gala.
Amnion Pregnancy Center – Friday, October 28
Location: Brackett's Crossing Country Club, Lakeville
Time: Check-in and auction 6pm; Dinner and Program 6:45-9pm
Speaker: Emily Albrecht of Equal Rights Institute