August 9, 2022
All-Church Quarterly Strategy Meeting (July 31, 2022)
Meeting Highlights ...
- Pastoral Job Description Changes
- Transition Update
- Membership Report
- Treasurer’s Report
- Global Outreach Report
- Church Planting Report
Pastoral Job Description Changes
- The congregation approved a position change for Brad Nelson from Pastor for Global Outreach to Pastor for Global Outreach, Downtown.
- The congregation approved a position change for David Livingston Pastor for Global Outreach Member Care to Pastor for Global Outreach, South.
Pastor Steven Lee gave an update on the plans for a transition from one multicampus church to three independent churches, reporting …
- The names of the current Executive Transition Team committee members.
- That the elders voted to allow necessary steps to be taken in order to prepare for the Transition vote, and that any steps taken could be undone, if necessary.
- That the elders plan to present a motion to the congregation at the October 16, 2022, Quarterly Strategy Meeting with hopes that a transition from our multisite church to three independent churches would happen sometime in 2023.
Pastor Ken Currie presented the membership report.
- At the end of the April 24 All-Church Quarterly Strategy Meeting, membership stood at 2,264. Twenty-eight members have been added since that time.
- Fifty-one members have been removed since the last meeting. Additionally, an administrative adjustment of -9 has been made to correct two separate errors found in the April 2022 QSM Membership Report.
- Total members at the start of the July 31 QSM = 2,232
Tim Brinkmann presented the Treasurer’s Report for the second quarter of 2022.
Second Quarter 2022 Summary
- Giving was $2M
- Down $95K from Q2 2021
- Improved from Q1, when the gap was $376K vs. 2021
- Spending was $2.2M
- Down $217K from Q2 2021
- Improved from Q1 (down only $43K vs 2021)
- Spending exceeded giving by $216K
YTD 2022 Summary
- Giving was $3.70M
- Down $471K from 2021 (down 11%)
- Improvement from Q1 when we were down 18.2% from the previous year
- Spending was $4.43M
- Down $260K from 2021 (down 5.5%)
- Spending has exceeded giving by $721K
- In June 2021 YTD spending exceeded giving by $510K
- Q1 & Q2 2022 had the lowest amount of giving in the past four years (2019–2022)
- Spending is also the lowest for these quarters in the past four years
Bethlehem Mortgage for North Campus
- $693K principal balance as of 6/30/22
- Reduced by $210K YTD
- $36K from special designated gifts
Bethlehem Mortgage for South Campus
- $6.35M principal balance as of 6/30/22
- Reduced by $99K YTD
Global Outreach Report
A Global Partner couple gave an update on persecution, political challenges, and ministry taking place in their overseas context.
Church Planting Report
Pastor Kenny Stokes presented church planting updates for the following churches:
- Redemption City Church - Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Table Rock Church - Boise, Idaho
- Little Earth - Maajiigin Ministries (South Minneapolis)
- Living Hope Church - Maple Grove
- Good News Church - Eagan
The meeting concluded with the recognition of two pastors who have served on staff for 35 years each: Pastors Brad Nelson and David Livingston.
Thanks to Jake Wood for his assistance in recording the All-Church QSM meeting minutes and to Church Clerk Bobby Ratliff for his assistance in preparing this report.