Summary of the Treasurer’s Report on January 26, 2020
View a PDF of the presentation.
Summary of Fourth Quarter 2019
Giving was $3.47M
- Up $398K when compared to Q4 2018 giving
Spending was $2.86M
- Down $162K when compared to Q4 2018 spending
Giving exceeded spending by $616K
- In Q4 2018 giving exceeded spending by $56k
Giving was $10.30M
- Up $123K when compared to 2018
- $300k below 2019 budgeted giving of $10.6M
Spending was $10.19M
- Down $173K when compared to 2018
- $338K below 2019 budgeted spending of $10.5M
Giving exceeded spending by $115K
- In 2018 December YTD spending exceeded giving by $180k
Bethlehem Mortgage for North Campus
- $1.76M Principal balance as of 12/31/2019
- Reduced by $435k YTD
- $156k of this reduction was from special designated gifts toward reducing our mortgage balances.
Bethlehem Mortgage for South Campus
- $6.80M principal balance as of 12/31/2019
- Reduced by $120k YTD (payments began in March)
- While giving was lower than budgeted in 2019, expenses were well-managed in line with contributions.
- Bethlehem responded to God’s grace and our financial need with generous contributions of $2M in the last month, allowing us to meet our 2019 financial obligations.
- Pray for a continued strong outpouring of generosity as we start 2020, so that planned and budgeted ministry initiatives are not deferred.
- Pray that we would continue to depend on God to meet our needs in the years to come.
Slides can be seen by viewing a PDF of the presentation.