April 30, 2019
All-Church Quarterly Strategy Meeting (April 28, 2019)
Meeting Highlights ...
- Devotional from Kurt Elting-Ballard
- Membership Report
- New Proposal to Revise the Relational Commitments
- Treasurer’s Report
- “Fill These Cities: 25 x ’25” Updates
Kurt Elting-Ballard shared a devotional on John 20:11–18 and how Mary Magdalene didn’t know the resurrected Jesus until he called her by name. Kurt reflected that this is our story as well. There is a point in our lives when Jesus calls each of us by name, and then we know him as our resurrected Savior.
At the end of the meeting, Bethlehem membership stood at 2,703.
New Proposal to Revise the Relational Commitments
Brian Tabb presented the elders’ new Proposal to Revise the Relational Commitments and introduced the written motion to the assembly. (See context and next steps for more details.)
Motion: To amend and revise the “Commitment to Preserving Marriages” section of the Relational Commitments.
Pastor Jon Grano delivered the Treasurer’s Report for Q1 2019 to the assembly on behalf of Treasurer Adam Sexton.
‘Fill These Cities: 25 x ’25’ Update
Pastor Kenny Stokes shared an update on church planting initiatives at Bethlehem. The North Campus elders approved Tom Boyer as a church planting resident for September 2019–August 2020. This will be the first time that Bethlehem will overlap a church planting residency with a seminarian’s fourth year.
Pastor Todd Rasmuson shared an update on recent developments in Bethlehem’s efforts to engage the unengaged. A global partner in south Asia has learned more about the Tak people group and has met several members of this unengaged group.
Strengthening the Core
Pastor Steven Lee shared an update on church life and ministry at the North Campus.
- Ben Katterson has moved from the role of Pastoral Resident for Middle School & Family Discipleship, North, to Director for Middle School & Family Discipleship, North.
- The Befriending Unbelievers initiative continues to strengthen a focus on evangelism, and two stories of conversion have recently encouraged the congregation.
Pastor Dave Zuleger shared an update on church life and ministry at the South Campus.
- Stacy Thorpe is Coordinator for Care & Counseling
- Joshua Oakley is Coordinator for Children & Disability Ministries, South
- Nick Roen is now a full-time administrative assistant to Dave Zuleger.
Pastor Ken Currie shared an update on church life and ministry at the Downtown Campus.
- The Good Friday service was a highlight in Pastor Ken Currie’s 16 years at Bethlehem.
- Richie Stark has moved from the role of Pastoral Resident for Youth & Family Discipleship, Downtown, to Director for Youth & Family Discipleship, Downtown.
Thanks to Church clerks Benjamin Holvey and Jacob Smith for their assistance in preparing this update.