Sermon notes to come.
All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness.—2 Timothy 3:16
1. What Is the Bible?
- The Bible is God-breathed (inspired).
- The Bible is entirely true—without error (inerrant) and incapable of error (infallible).
- The Bible is our final authority (sola Scriptura).
- The Bible is enough (sufficient).
- The Bible is understandable (clarity).
- The Bible is essential to know God (necessity).
- Response to Three Popular Objections
2. How Should We Treat the Bible?
- Believe the Bible.
- Love the Bible.
- Submit to and obey the Bible.
- Be grateful for the Bible.
- Read the Bible humbly.
- Read the Bible carefully and prayerfully.
- Read the Bible routinely.
Excuse 1: “I don’t have time to read the Bible.”
Excuse 2: “I don’t feel like reading the Bible.”
Four Suggestions to Add Bible Reading Into Your Routine