Love Our Neighbors and the Church by Sweeping Phillips Clean
Saturday, May 15
- Kickoff: 9–9:30am at Stewart Park, west side 10th Ave Lot, Minneapolis 55404
- Clean: 9:30–11:30am
- Wrap-Up: 11:30am–Noon
What: Meet to clean, pray, and engage with and for our neighbors and neighborhood.
- Gather with others from Bethlehem and neighboring congregations to take an opportunity to serve our neighbors by cleaning areas of our neighborhood
- Meet together to gather materials, assign locations, and kickoff in groups
- Speak the Name of Jesus with other believers in the public square
- Pick up trash in assigned locations
- Meet, encourage, and co-labor with other members of the Church in our city
- Pray with others for our city while we serve it with practical care
How: Serve with faith (prayer), hope, and love.
Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. … So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.—1 Corinthians 13:4–7, 13
We seek to engage with our community ...
- In love, knowing that just as God loved us, we love them
- In hope, knowing that nothing is lost—the Lord establishes and upholds our city and has put us here for doing good
- In faith, we seek the Lord’s favor, knowing that it is he who will save any neighbor—it is he who will redeem our collective hearts, and it is he who will hold us until the day he returns