March 1, 2019
Sermon Discussion Questions: The Triumphal Entry
The following outline and discussion questions have been prepared to accompany the sermon on March 3, “The Triumphal Entry” (Mark 11:1–11). The questions can be used for discussion in small groups or for personal reflection.
- Preparations for the Entry (Mark 11:1–6)
- Triumphal Entry (Mark 11:7–10)
- Entry into the Temple (Mark 11:11)
Main Point: Jesus is not looking for cheering fans, but for fruit in keeping with repentance.
- What does the Old Testament say about why Jesus needs the colt?
- How does Jesus know about the colt?
- What are the three clues for Jesus’ kingship in verses 7–10?
- What are the three notes of irony in verse 9?
- Why does Jesus go to the temple in verse 11? What was he looking for?
- Jesus puts his finger on everything in the universe and says, “mine.” What parts of your life are resistant to that Lordship? Pray against that disconnect between calling Jesus “Lord” and living under him as Lord.
- Does your life bear fruit in keeping with repentance?
- What aspect of this sermon ministered to you most or convicted you most? What aspect of this sermon do you need to share with someone in your life? Will you share it?
Pray for a grace to bear fruit in keeping with repentance and to joyfully live under the Lordship of Christ.