April 10, 2020
Sermon Discussion Questions: The Risen Shepherd (Easter 2020)
The following outline and discussion questions have been prepared to accompany the sermon on April 12, “The Risen Shepherd” (Revelation 7:15–17). The questions can be used for discussion in small groups or for personal reflection.
Main Point: Why will there be no more danger, no more tears, and no more pandemics? The Father will be our shelter and the Lamb will be our shepherd!
- The Place (Revelation 7:16)
- The Presence (Revelation 7:15, 17)
- According to Revelation 7:16, what is the difference between this fallen world and the world to come?
- According to Revelation 7:15 and 17, why will that place (in verse 16) be the way it is? In other words, what is the “sandwich” of this passage?
- In verse 17, how does the Lamb become the Shepherd? Is the Apostle John just mixing metaphors, or is there something deeper and more glorious going on?
- In verse 15, what is the significance of the “therefore”?
- Have you witnessed in your own behavior how easy it is to look at COVID-19? Assess where you have been looking—where and how often. What are the proportions of where you put your attention? For example, many of us would say that for every 10 looks at COVID-19, we have taken one look at Christ.
- How can you change the habits of your heart in terms of where you look and what dominates your attention?
- What part of this message do you need to share with someone this week? Is there someone you need to exhort?
Pray for the grace to look to Jesus until it becomes a habit of the heart in an age of distraction.