June 21, 2019
Sermon Discussion Questions - The Poor Widow: Rich in Faith
The following discussion questions have been prepared to accompany the sermon on June 23, “The Poor Widow: Rich in Faith” (Mark 12:38–44). The questions can be used for discussion in small groups or for personal reflection.
Main Point: Real Christianity is feeding on God by faith. Fake Christianity is using God to feed on others.
- Does this text expect every Christian to give away all that they have to live on so that they can live on the Lord completely?
- What is the relationship between faith and finances in this story?
- What is the relationship between money and what we value or treasure?
- Can you name some mile markers on the journey of generosity?
- What is the difference between faith and presumption?
- In the journey of generosity, where are you? What would it look like to follow Jesus and take the next step in that journey?
- Have you experienced and tasted the truth that it is more blessed to give than to receive? Share about a specific time you tasted that truth.
- How would you answer the closing question of the sermon: Dear friends, if our wallets and checkbooks and purses took the witness stand, would they speak for or against our confession of Christ?
Pray for a grace to take the next step in your journey of generosity.