March 2, 2018
Sermon Discussion Questions: The Lord, My Healer
The following outline and discussion questions have been prepared to accompany the sermon on March 3/4, “The Lord, My Healer” (Mark 6:53–56). The questions can be used for discussion in small groups or for personal reflection.
Main Point: The healings of Mark 6 powerfully declare: Behold Your God Has Come!
- The Response of the Crowds to Jesus (vv. 53–56)
- The Response of Jesus to the Crowds (v. 56)
- Why does Mark highlight that Jesus healed many people sick on their beds (like the paralytic of Mark 2) and many touched the fringe of his garment (like the woman with the flow of blood in Mark 5)?
- What is the point of this healing section? How does it fit with Mark’s overall purpose to show the gospel of Jesus Christ the Son of God (Mark 1:1)? In other words, how does this story show that Jesus is the Son of God?
- What were your views of healing prior to this sermon? What do you think now? Were there any modifications? What remaining questions do you have?
- How does this teaching about healing fit within an overall perspective on discipleship? That is, how does this teaching on spiritual gifts relate to other doctrinal things we believe like the sovereignty of God and the call to love one another?
- In this message, what truths landed on you that you need to share with others in your life? How can you share these truths? Devote it to prayer.
Pray for a grace to see the glory of Christ as “the Lord, my Healer,” and pray for a grace to grow in the discipleship truths of spiritual gifts.