February 14, 2020
Sermon Discussion Questions: Shepherd the Flock of God Among You
The following discussion questions have been prepared to accompany the sermon on February 16, “Shepherd the Flock of God Among You” (1 Peter 5:1–4). The questions can be used for discussion in small groups or for personal reflection.
Main Point: Elders are meant to shepherd the flock of God among them through the afflictions and trials of this life as they march toward final glory in the presence of Jesus together.
- In 1 Peter 5:1–4, what is the context of all of our shepherding?
- Who are the elders called to shepherd?
- What does it mean to “exercise oversight”?
- Why is it important that shepherds are able to speak specifically to the flock among them?
- Can you name some of the characteristics of faithful shepherds?
- When Jesus appears, what is the crown the shepherds will receive?