October 27, 2017
Sermon Discussion Questions: Sending in a Manner Worthy of God
The following outline and discussion questions have been prepared to accompany the sermon on October 28/29, “Sending in a Manner Worthy of God” (3 John 5–8). The questions can be used for discussion in small groups or for personal reflection.
- Goers (v. 7)
- Senders (vv. 5–6)
- Fellow Workers (v. 8)
Main Point: The Church must support those who are sent out for the sake of Christ’s name.
- According to verse 7, what is the key mark or motivation of someone who is sent out to spread the gospel?
- What principles are found in verses 5–6 for identifying what it means to send well?
- How does the contrast between 2 John and 3 John help us understand what it means to become fellow workers for the truth?
- What are some specific ways that you are participating or engaging in the four initiatives of our “25 by ’25” vision?
- How can you personally get involved in sending in a manner worthy of God? What are practical ways to send that extend beyond financial giving?
- Why is it important to distinguish that it is the Church (and not just individual Christians) that supports the work of missions?
Pray for a grace to send in a manner worthy of God!