October 20, 2017
Sermon Discussion Questions: His Workmanship
The following outline and discussion questions have been prepared to accompany the Global Focus sermon on October 21/22, “His Workmanship” (Ephesians 2:10). The questions can be used for discussion in small groups or for personal reflection.
- His Work
- Our Works
Main Point: We are made for a Mission.
- In verse 10, what does the word “workmanship” mean? Where else is this word used in the Bible? What is the connection between “creation” in that text and “creation” in Ephesians 2:10?
- According to Ephesians 2:4–6, how did God create us?
- According to Ephesians 2:7, how will our story end?
- In Ephesians 2:10, what are three things that Paul stresses about good works?
- Do you ever struggle to believe that God loves you and can use you? How does this text help you fight those unbelieving thoughts?
- What are some of the good works that God has prepared in advance for you that he has already revealed to you?
- How do you go about discerning how to walk in these works on a daily basis?
Pray for a grace to discern the good works that God has prepared beforehand for you to walk in.