November 15, 2019
Sermon Discussion Questions: God's Workers and God's Field
The following outline and discussion questions have been prepared to accompany the sermon on November 17, “God’s Workers and God’s Field” (1 Corinthians 3:5–9). The questions can be used for discussion in small groups or for personal reflection.
- The workers are servants of God (1 Corinthians 3:5)
- Their tasks are assigned by God (1 Corinthians 3:5)
- Their success comes entirely from God (1 Corinthians 3:6)
- They are nothing without God (1 Corinthians 3:7)
- They are together for God (1 Corinthians 3:8)
- The workers and the field both belong to God (1 Corinthians 3:9)
- Explain how 1 Corinthians 3:5–9 compare Paul and Apollos in a God-centered way instead of in a man-centered way.
- What is the same note that is found in 1 Corinthians 3:9 and 1 Peter 5:2?
- How do the tasks of preaching and shepherding relate to one another?
- According to 1 Corinthians 3:5–9, how should Bethlehem think about Pastors Jason, Steven, and Dave as ministers of the gospel?
- According to 1 Peter 5:2, how should Bethlehem begin to reflect upon the limitations of regular preaching via video?
- According to 1 Thessalonians 2:8, how should Bethlehem process what to expect from her leaders?
Pray for a grace to have a God-centered perspective on the church—including pastors and people. Pray for a grace to be shepherded by the Chief Shepherd.