March 14, 2020
Sermon Discussion Questions – 20/20 Vision: Church Is Not a Spectator Sport
The following outline and discussion questions have been prepared to accompany the sermon on March 15, “20/20 Vision Church Is Not a Spectator Sport” (Matthew 18:15–20). The questions can be used for discussion in small groups or for personal reflection.
- The Spirit Declares That Jesus Is Lord (vv. 1–3)
- Unity and Diversity in the Mission of the Lord (vv. 4–6)
- These Gifts Are Given by the Spirit for the Common Good
Main Point: For a church to accomplish the call God has on it, every member must get in the game with the diverse gifts that God has given by the one Spirit.
- What does God mean to display by giving diverse gifts by the one Spirit to his church?
- Why is it so important that every member “gets in the game”?
- If you were going to list one aspect of the “job description of the church” from this sermon, what would it be?
- What is one way you can use your gifts in this odd season and fulfill the mission of the gospel?
- How can you take steps in this season of potential fear and uncertainty to rest in the Lordship of Jesus? How can you help others?
- What are some practical steps you can take to use the gifts God has given you, in the location God has placed you, to love your neighbor as yourself?
- How can you make it a point to make this the season to go deeper in God’s word and prayer than ever before, by yourself and with others?