October 5, 2021
North Family Quarterly Strategy Meeting (September 26)
The North Campus Quarterly Strategy Meeting was held Sunday, September 26, 2021.
The North Campus membership report included 30 members being recommended for removal. The motion to adopt the changes listed in the report was approved.
Motion to Call Benjamin Katterson
The congregation considered the elders’ recommendation for Ben Katterson’s role to change from Director of Middle School & Family Discipleship to Pastor for Middle School & Family Discipleship (job description). The motion was approved.
Report on Global Outreach
Pastor Brad Nelson shared highlights from global partners working with Muslims in hard-to-reach places:
- Update on those who had been serving in Afghanistan and the 18 we have been praying for who are still in the country.
- Update on a family that just left for Chad, but spent a week in France first. Pray for them:
- For a teacher for their children
- Transition back to Chad
- Update on the K. Family, who are studying French for a year in the French Alps. Pray for them:
- For their nanny to come to love Jesus
- French language learning
- Opportunities to share the gospel
- The H. Family is doing well after the Coup last week. It is relatively peaceful. Pray for their country and family.
- JD is starting his eighth prayer walk in his city, which has no believers or churches. Praying Jeremiah 29:7, “Seek the peace of the city where I have sent you into exile and pray to the Lord on its behalf, for in its peace you will find your peace.”
The Global Diaconate spent $125,000 on COVID-19-related needs: 45 gifts given out to 22 different countries through 23 global partners.
We are planning two relief trips to Louisiana in the aftermath of Hurricane Ida, the first Oct 2–13 and the second Oct 30–Nov 9.
Thanks to Church Clerk Bobby Ratliff for his assistance in preparing this update.