July 31, 2017
As of today, Monday, July 31, Bethlehem has a new website! At the July 30, 2017, Quarterly Strategy Meeting, Andy Lang, Director for Systems, presented a list of bethlehem.church highlights, which include ...
- New Domain: bethlehem.church
We secured bethlehem.church soon after “.church” domains became available in 2014. The domain allows us to have our website and email match our actual church name, which is important for communications. (Links and emails to hopeinGod.org are set to redirect automatically.)
- New Developer: Fishhook
For both design and programming of our site, we contracted Fishhook, a church-focused communications company in Indianapolis that is passionate about Jesus and serving the church.
- New Design
- The new responsive design is suited for a wide range of devices, with an emphasis on ease of reading, with large, reader-friendly fonts and layout.
- Accordion-style user interface elements make more efficient use of space and organizing content. Example: About Us page
- New Site Architecture
We designed the site with specific considerations for both Newbies (visitors to the site) and The Tribe (people who attend Bethlehem regularly).
- New Campus Pages
Each campus (Downtown, North, and South) has its own Location page, a distinctive welcome with details on what to expect, ministries, upcoming events, and staff/elders photo directory—all specific to that campus
- New Staff/Leadership Page
- New Featured Events Section
Featured Events appear prominently on the site in various places, making them easier to find and register for.
- New Serve Page
This page is the starting point for finding a place to serve in a ministry opportunity at Bethlehem, in the Twin Cities, or elsewhere. Each opportunity includes a description of the service role and a signup form.
- New Online Giving (coming soon)
A new Online Giving system coming soon, with ...
- Better user experience on both desktop and mobile
- Reduced processing fees for Bethlehem
- Saved payment info for future transactions
- Ability to modify recurring giving schedules
- Ability to giving via text message
Team members: Andrew Lang, Amanda Knoke, Ruth Gulbranson, Maddie Osgood, Joby Morgan, Jonathan Davis