August 29, 2017
Hurricane Harvey Cleanup: Get Involved
Three ways you can help the Hurricane Harvey response efforts ...
- Pray for the storm to abate and floodwaters to recede. Even the wind and the sea are obedient to our Lord (Mark 4:41).
- Pray for the people who have had to evacuate their homes, especially those who have nowhere to go. Pray for those unable to evacuate, who are stranded in their homes. Ask for the Lord’s provision for these people.
- Pray for the first responders, National Guard, disaster relief volunteers, and all others who are working to rescue those who are stranded, restore power to those without it, render aid to the injured, and prevent as much damage as possible. Ask for safety and endurance for these men and women.
- Pray for the grieving, those who have lost loved ones or suffered injuries, and those who have lost their homes. Ask the Lord to be their comfort and strength through the upcoming days, weeks, and months.
- Pray for Bethlehem as we form a team to go and help with the cleanup process and to find the right church or agency to partner with as we strive to be the sweet aroma of Christ in Texas.
- Donate to Bethlehem Baptist Church Hurricane Harvey Relief. Funds will be used to support the church/ministry we work with and to purchase needed supplies while working there.
- Or donate to Hurricane Harvey Relief through Samaritan’s Purse.
- If you are interested in being a part of the first wave of help, consider volunteering with Samaritan’s Purse. They are inviting thousands of volunteers to help over the next several months.
- Lord willing, Bethlehem will be sending a team to Texas the week of September 24 to October 1 to partner with a local church or Samaritan’s Purse to help with cleanup. (Our church philosophy is to wait until trained, equipped first responders complete their work so that we are not in their way, and then to come in the second wave for the cleanup process.)
- We may send additional teams to help, so contact me or JoNell Baker if you are interested in being on a future cleanup team. We will keep you informed of other opportunities to help with the cleanup as they arise.
Subscribe to the Pastors Blog