December 9, 2020
December 2020 Church Planting Update
New Church Plant Info Meeting
Join Marshall Posey, Church Planting Resident, North Campus, at an informational meeting on Sunday, December 13, at 1pm in the North Campus Chapel to hear more about the vision to plant a church in the northwest suburbs of Minneapolis. Marshall & Becky Posey, along with other members of the church plant team, will be in attendance to share the vision of “Treasuring Christ & Making Disciples” and to talk with you about the developing church plant.
Church Planting Residency Applications
Please pray for new applicants to the 2021 Bethlehem Church Planting Residency. Our vision is that we would have one church planting resident on each of the three campuses. We are now actively recruiting for residencies that would begin Summer 2021. Contact for more information.
Special Housing Request From Church Planter
Molly & Adam Pohlman (Bethlehem College & Seminary graduate and Bethlehem Church Plant in Rochester, Minnesota) have recently learned that the baby boy they are expecting in March appears to have serious heart abnormalities that will require immediate attention—most likely surgery—following his birth. The baby will be cared for and treated at Children’s Hospital in Minneapolis. Adam, Molly, and their five children will need housing near the hospital for approximately one month after the baby’s birth and during the time he is hospitalized. If you have a living space that might be suitable for the Pohlman family for the month of March, will you please email or call Adam? Remember to keep this little one and his family in your prayers. (Adam Pohlman: , 507-381-9423)
Church Plant Updates
- Bethlehem Church Planting Resident, Andrew Sheard along with his wife, Lida, and their sons, Walter and Anderson, moved to New Hampshire in June 2020 to plant a church in the town of Henniker. In recent weeks, Pastor Kenny & Kathy Stokes had the opportunity to visit the Sheard family in the lovely river town of Henniker, New Hampshire, as well as to check in with the other couple on their team, Bethlehem College & Seminary graduate Eliot (& Olivia) Delorme. Thank you for your prayers for the Sheards and the Delormes and God’s work in Henniker. By God’s grace, both families have stable housing and secure employment. Andrew has recently been offered a position teaching science in the high school. Both Andrew and Eliot are engaged in ministry at River of Grace Church in Concord, and the families are encouraged as they are beginning to build relationships with believers and coworkers in the area, although COVID-19 concerns and restrictions make this difficult. Please continue to pray for their ministry in Henniker.
- Christ Redeemer Church in Woodbury, planted by Bethlehem in 2010, is preparing to plant a new church in West St. Paul led by Joshua Williams. If you would like to hear more, email Joshua or check out his website for information and updates.
Church Planter of the Month
Our December 2020 Church Planter of the Month is Ryan Eagy. Ryan & Katie Eagy and their children, Hannah, Gabe, Abigail, Gideon, and Hosea, moved to Boise, Idaho, in 2017 to plant Table Rock Church. Here are some recent prayer requests they shared with us:
- Our church just moved into a new building, and we are sharing it with another church in our area. Pray for our partnership in the gospel with this other church (Christian Life Fellowship) and for our cooperation to be a good witness for the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Pray for our church body as they settle into new rhythms in our new location amid changes due to COVID-19.
- Pray for our staff as we continue to find a consistent rhythm after 2.5 years of church planting and many changes. We are so thankful for the team God has provided and are still excited to minister together after many ups and downs.
Feel free to email Ryan with a note of encouragement!