Commencement. An interesting word used to celebrate the completion of an academic program. But it makes perfect sense when the purpose of the academic program is to launch the graduate into future service for the glory of Christ.
This Friday, May 19, at 7pm at the Downtown Campus Sanctuary, 52 Bethlehem College & Seminary graduates (34 from the college, 18 from the seminary) are launching into their next chapter of life. Some are heading into further studies, some into the marketplace, some into various ministry positions. Our seminary graduates are launching into vocational ministry or are seeking to do so.
Master of Divinity
- Luke Bostrom, seeking to serve as a worship pastor in a missions setting
- Samuel Choi, in the early stages of planting a church in Roseville, pursuing a ThM degree
- Jared Clausen, looking for a pastoral position
- Mark Dickson, serving as an adjunct professor at Bethlehem College & Seminary and University of Northwestern; planning toward PhD studies in the near future
- Ryan Eagy, serving as a Bethlehem Pastoral Resident for Church Planting and preparing to plant a church in Boise, Idaho
- Brent Fischer, aiming to plant a church in the northeast metro and become a member of the Treasuring Christ Together Network
- Danny Francis, teaching Jr and Sr High Bible, while praying/planning toward missions
- Clay Harris, serving locally with Cru, praying about missions for the future
- Melchor Hennegan, serving as Youth Director at Bayview Church on the Island of Guam
- Ben Katterson, serving with Bethlehem’s North Campus as a Pastoral Resident for Jr High Discipleship
- Mark Kernan, serving as International Trainer with Training Leaders International and pursuing a pastoral position
- Greg Morse, serving as Content Strategist for desiringGod.org
- Paul Nystedt, serving at College Park Church in Indianapolis as Pastoral Resident for Community Life.
- Adam Pohlman, serving as a Bethlehem Pastoral Resident for Church Planting and preparing to plant a church in Rochester, Minnesota.
- Matthew Strom, pursuing a full-time pastoral position as associate or lead pastor
Master of Theology
- Lance Kramer, serving as Instructor in Theology and in administration at Bethlehem College & Seminary
- Jared Mulvihill, serving with Training Leaders International as a Curriculum & Research Assistant, planning to pursue a PhD in biblical studies
- Justin Woyak, serving as a ministry fellow with Christian Union at Stanford University in Stanford, California
Whether or not you know someone who is graduating this year, we would sincerely love for you to come and celebrate the graduates of your college and seminary. Please enjoy this two-minute video invitation to an unforgettable service of worship and commencement. Pastors John Piper and Jason Meyer will charge our graduates from the word of God.
With joyful anticipation,