April 27, 2021
All-Church Quarterly Strategy Meeting (April 25, 2021)
- Remarks From an Elder and the Chairman
- Membership Report
- “Fill These Cities: 25 x ’25” Updates: Global Outreach
- 150th Anniversary Update
- Treasurer’s Report
- Old Business
Remarks From an Elder and the Chairman
Elder Andy Naselli and Elder Chair Kurt Elting-Ballard shared remarks concerning the January 31 All-Church Quarterly Strategy Meeting.
Kurt Elting-Ballard presented the membership report. At the end of the January 31 All-Church Quarterly Strategy Meetings, the membership stood at 2,514. Since that time, 37 members have been added.
Total Members at the Start of the April Quarterly Strategy Meeting: 2,551.
‘Fill These Cities: 25 x ’25’ Updates
Global Outreach Report
Pastor Brad Nelson presented the Global Outreach report.
- Global Diaconate Update: Gifts included funds for COVID-19 relief, $104,000. Other gifts went to Ethiopia, $4,000; Cuba, $5,000; Burkina Faso, $7,500; and Armenia (currently in a war), $10,000.
- Over the days of July 25–28, we will be hosting a reunion for global partners (Reunion ’21) who travel back to the states in the summer.
- We have a concentration of our global partners in the 10/40 Window and Nurture Program participants who are looking to join them in these areas:
- Horn of Africa: 5 current units (3 in Nurture Program)
- Central Asia: 4 current units (2 in Nurture Program
- SE Asia: 14 current units
- South Asia: 6 current units (2 in Nurture Program)
- Middle East: 8 current units (3 in Nurture Program wanting to go into Iraq)
- East Asia: 4 current units
- Video update from global partners in Asia: Pray for their training school and ministry amid religious restriction and persecution.
- Status on engaging 25 Unreached Unengaged People Groups by 2025: Our global partners have pinpointed two groups for engagement (one in Thailand, one in India), and this focus continues to develop with current global partners and those in the Nurture Program.
150th Anniversary Update
Pastor Jon Grano presented an update on the 150th anniversary plans.
- In March, we focused on churches that were planted out of Bethlehem. On Sunday, May 2 (Lord willing), we will have a focus on ministries that were launched from Bethlehem. June will focus on local ministries.
- Save the date, August 22, for the 150th Anniversary Celebration at Grace Church Eden Prairie (we will meet at Grace Church due to the extra space there so that we can all celebrate together).
Via a video update, Treasurer Tim Brinkmann presented the Treasurer’s Report for the first quarter of 2021. Tim included details about the restructuring of our mortgages.
First Quarter 2021 Summary
- Giving was $2.06M. Down $51K when compared to Q1 2020 giving.
- Spending was $2.24M. Down $102K when compared to Q1 2020 spending.
- Spending exceeded giving by $172K. In Q1 2020, spending exceeded giving by $223K.
Elder Chair Kurt Elting-Ballard stated what would be involved in bringing forward the tabled motion from the January 31, 2021, All-Church Quarterly Strategy Meeting. A member moved that the congregation take the motion from the table. The congregation voted by ballot, and the motion to take up the tabled motion failed.
Thanks to Church Clerk Bobby Ratliff for his assistance in preparing this update.