December 27, 2018
2018 Financial Update #2
The stock market rises and the stock market falls—but God’s kingdom remains unshakable forever!
The illustration of Confederate currency in Randy Alcorn’s book The Treasure Principle reminds us that Christians have the privilege of investing in kingdom purposes that retain eternal value, unaffected by earthly economic fluctuations. Pastor Jason Meyer’s personal email note (Monday, Dec 10) to Bethlehem’s congregation also encouraged us to “find fresh joy in the ministry of giving” by generously investing in Bethlehem’s “mutual fund” of ministries at year’s end.
With five days remaining in Bethlehem’s fiscal year, contributions of $9.6M to our 2018 One Fund “Fill These Cities: 25 x ’25” operating budget are currently about $1M short of expected 2018 ministry operating expenses of $10.6M. This is a big challenge for Bethlehem’s people, but not for Bethlehem’s God.
Please join me in praying for hearts of cheerful generosity that allow us to meet our 2018 financial obligations and start 2019 strong. To help inform your prayers ...
Current Financial Data
- 2018 year-to-date contributions through December 23: $9,573,412
- 2018 contributions are 5 percent below 2017 year-to-date contributions of $10,054,520, and 13 percent below 2017 annual contributions of $10,946,676
- 12/31/2018 update: 2018 year-to-date contributions through December 30: $9,943,307
- 2018 anticipated budgeted expenses: $10.6M (+/- $100K)
- 2018 One Fund budget target: $11,250,000
- Note: Contributions over budgeted expenses are applied to reduce debt associated with our North and South campuses
- Use the Bethlehem Online Giving page to set up one-time or recurring giving via e-check or credit card. You can also view your giving history, recurring giving schedule, and Contribution Statement.
- Please note that our fiscal year ends December 31. All 2018 contributions in checks or cash should be brought to the church or postmarked by December 31. All online contributions should be transacted before 11:45pm Central Time on December 31.
- If you have questions about contribution options, contact Financial Secretary Steve Walmsley (612-338-7653 x463).