Apply for this job
Job Description, Minister for Women
To spread a passion for the supremacy of God in all things for the joy of all peoples through Jesus Christ by ...
- leading women to embrace the great assurance and hope of their identity in Jesus Christ, and to claim and enjoy satisfaction in Him
- treasuring Christ together through prayer, study and application of the Word, fellowship, and serving one another
- encouraging the older women to be examples and teachers of the younger women
… enabling the church staff and congregation to better carry out our mission and pursue our vision, while embracing the theological teaching of the Elder Affirmation of Faith.
Responsibilities for Specific Areas of Ministry:
- Provide leadership to the women of Bethlehem in glad alignment with the vision established by the elders.
- With the Pastor for Adult Discipleship to partner in discipleship opportunities for the congregation.
- With the Pastor for Children & Family Discipleship to collaborate on discipleship opportunities for mothers and grandmothers regarding MOMS.
- Lead or direct the Women’s Ministry Leadership Team and any committees or volunteers that oversee and implement Women’s Ministry, i.e. MOMs, Women’s Bible Studies, White Cross and any additional events that will promote Bethlehem’s vision.
- Meet with the pastoral staff of Bethlehem regularly for prayer and planning concerning the overall vision and direction of the ministry. In particular:
- Meet with the Women’s Ministry Leadership Team regularly for prayer and planning concerning the overall vision and direction of the ministry.
- Oversee the recruitment, training, and mobilization of Bethlehem women to teach the Word, disciple, mentor, and lead other women.
- Shepherd the women of Bethlehem through:
- To grow in the grace and knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ
- To know and use their spiritual gifts in serving the body of Christ
- To love one another at Bethlehem and beyond
- Teaching the Word of God
- Encouraging women:
- Partnering with the pastoral staff and the elders to coordinate ministry efforts to fulfill general duties as needed (counseling, hospital visits, prayer, etc.)
- Oversee the Bethlehem Women’s Ministry budget.
- Direct Reports:
- Administrative Assistant for Women’s Ministry
- Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Participates in interviewing, hiring, and training employees.
- Participates in job description creation.
- Ensures ministry responsibilities are fulfilled.
- Approves short-term ministry objectives.
- Conducts annual performance evaluations and provides regular performance feedback.
- Facilitates conflict resolution.
- Approves paid time-off requests.
- Ensures appropriate balance between the various ministries.
- The Minister will carry out such other duties as may be assigned by the church from time to time.
General Overall Church Aims:
Note: The following items are listed on all ministerial job descriptions. They unify the ministerial staff around care for our congregation, common church-wide priorities outside the individual’s area of ministry.
- Congregational Care: Each pastor/minister will maintain a clear focus on congregational care, dedicating a significant portion of his/her ministry towards crisis care, counseling, weddings (as appropriate), funerals (as appropriate), relationship building, etc.
- Overall priority goals: In addition to each ministry area’s own aims, our Ministry Leadership Team may set regular church-wide priority goals intended to focus attention on common objectives, unifying the staff in our common mission. Each pastor/minister will lead his/her ministry team to fulfill these goals.
- Meet the spiritual and character qualifications of Deacon as found in 1 Timothy 3:8–13 and must exhibit the fruit of the Spirit as found in Galatians 5:22.
- Model servant leadership and exhibit a helpful, joyful attitude.
- Be a woman of prayer and a woman of the Word, sensitive to what the Spirit is saying to Bethlehem, devoting herself to daily prayer and Bible reading for the sake of guarding herself from sin and stirring up her heart and mind to renewed passion for Christ; she will gladly participate in mutual care and accountability with other believers.
- Seek to undertake duties in the power of the Holy Spirit, undergirded with prayer, guided by the Scriptures, and manifesting the character of Christ for the glory of God.
- Understand, endorse, and teach, without reservation, the church’s biblical and theological teaching as expressed in Bethlehem’s Elder Affirmation of Faith. She must embody Bethlehem DNA.
- Joyfully minister in a manner that honors Christ and is a positive example to others.
- Be a member in good standing of Bethlehem Baptist Church or, if not a member when called to the church, become a member as soon as possible, ideally completing the membership process within three (3) months of the date that employment begins.
- While ensuring first loyalty is to God and the Word, support the leadership of the church generally and specifically for her area of ministry. Strive to maintain positive and fruitful relationships with other Bethlehem employees, members, and leaders. While concerns or differences of opinion may arise, all employees will communicate in a biblical manner and abide by appropriate supervisory direction and any final determinations of the Council of Elders. Whether leading her ministry or submitting to those in authority over her, the Minister will do so in a joyful manner.
Organizational Skill and Awareness
- Have the vision and organizational skills necessary to work effectively within the context of a large church with multiple staff members and ministries.
- Strictly maintain appropriate confidentiality according to the guidelines set forth in Bethlehem’s Employee Handbook and Relational Commitments.
- Sign our Employee Handbook Acknowledgement Form and comply with all applicable church policies.
Self-Motivated and Dependable
- Demonstrate a commitment to growth by attending appropriate training, development, and team-building events.
- Have a good understanding of the people, projects, or ministry under his/her responsibility and demonstrate faithfulness and good follow-through both in collaboration with other ministry partners and in independent efforts related to his/her role.
- Compelling, gifted public communicator with a blend of humility and zeal.
- Servant Leadership—the Minister should be able to lead in a variety of contexts (individual, small groups, large groups) in such a way that Jesus Christ and his gospel are central. She should be a self-starter and take initiative. She should be wise and discerning and know when to be decisive, sensitive, tender, and firm.
- Relational—the Minister should have a heart to care for people. That drive should manifest itself in the appropriate use of time.
- Administrative—while seeking mainly to shepherd women, the Minister should have the skill set and ability to effectively manage the various administrative tasks associated with the position.
- Teaching/Equipping—the Minister should be a fruitful, biblical teacher. Her teaching should effectively “equip the saints for the work of the ministry.”
- Communication—the Minister should be able to communicate clearly, concisely, and in a loving and biblical manner.
- Peacemaking—the Minister should be able to tactfully and winsomely unite people with varying perspectives to advance harmony and love, and to achieve common goals.