Apply for this job
Job Description for Coordinator for Weddings,
In dependence on God, the aim of this Coordinator’s ministry will be to wholeheartedly glorify Jesus Christ, strengthening his church by acting as the liaison between the needs of the church and those of the bride and groom, aiding in the process of wedding planning and implementation, while minimizing surprises, disappointments and frustration. Coordinators shall maintain a Christian spirit of love and service toward the Bethlehem staff, congregation, and those we serve, in accordance with the church’s vision and philosophy of ministry.
- Work with the other Coordinators for Weddings to ensure that each wedding has a Coordinator assignment.
- Be the primary point of contact between Bethlehem and the bride and groom, once the wedding has been assigned to a Coordinator.
- Meet with the bride and groom soon after the event has been put on our church calendar, orienting them to privileges and responsibilities of holding their wedding at one of our church facilities, and outlining the resources we have to offer.
- Be available to the bride and groom for questions that arise as they plan.
- Schedule an appointment 3 weeks prior to the wedding to confirm the final details.
- Attend the rehearsal, providing tips on details and etiquette, meeting with various members of the wedding party to ensure they fully understand their responsibilities.
- Arrive at the wedding one hour prior to the ceremony, confirming instructions and coordinating the wedding party.
- If the reception is at the church, the coordinator will remain at the church until the reception is underway.
- Ensure that the appropriate staff / departments of the church are well informed of the needs of each wedding.
- Seek to sustain a vital, growing relationship with the Lord through personal and corporate worship, study of God’s Word, prayer, and regular, ongoing fellowship with believers at Bethlehem.
- Model servant leadership and exhibit a helpful, joyful attitude.
- Be an individual of prayer and of the Word, sensitive to what the Spirit is saying to Bethlehem, devoted to daily prayer and Bible reading for the sake of being guarded from sin and stirring up one’s heart and mind to renewed passion for Christ. Gladly participate in mutual care and accountability with other believers.
- Seek to do duties in the power of the Holy Spirit, undergirded with prayer, guided by the Scriptures, and manifesting the character of Christ for the glory of God.
- Be a member in good standing of Bethlehem Baptist Church or, if not a member when called to the church, become a member as soon as possible, ideally completing the membership process within three (3) months of the date that employment begins.
- While ensuring first loyalty is to God and the Word, support the leadership of the church generally and specifically for one’s area of ministry. Strive to maintain positive and fruitful relationships with other Bethlehem employees, members, and leaders. While concerns or differences of opinion may arise, all employees will communicate in a biblical manner and abide by appropriate supervisory direction and any final determinations of the Council of Elders. Whether leading ministry or submitting to those in authority, the Ministerial Coordinator will do so in a joyful manner.
Organizational Skill and Awareness
- Have the vision and organizational skills necessary to work effectively, creatively, and flexibly within the context of a large church with multiple staff members and ministries.
- Strictly maintain appropriate confidentiality according to the guidelines set forth in Bethlehem’s Employee Handbook and Relational Commitments.
- Sign our Employee Handbook Acknowledgement Form and comply with all applicable church policies.
- Give servant-hearted support to specific area(s) of ministry as well as to the broader needs of Bethlehem’s ministry.
Self-Motivated and Dependable
- Demonstrate a commitment to personal growth by attending appropriate training, development, and team-building events.
- Have a good understanding of the people, projects, or ministry under the role responsibilities. Demonstrate faithfulness and good follow-through both in collaboration with other ministry partners and in independent efforts related to the role.
- Recognize volunteers as valuable co-laborers in ministry and will be proactive, prayerful, and persistent in recruiting for the role.
Should be …
- A self-starter and an initiative-taker
- Detail oriented
- Able to manage stressful situations
- Familiar with Bethlehem ministry values, ethos, and priorities
- Proactive in communicating with others on a team
Should have …
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Energy and stamina
- Team orientation, collaborating well with others
- In-depth problem solving and follow-through skills
- Ability to exercise sound judgment within established guidelines
- Ability to work well under direct supervision or independently with minimal instruction
- Ability to manage details and priorities under the pressure of tight deadlines and multiple projects
- Demonstrated leadership skills