Apply for this job
Job Description for Assistant Coordinator for Nurseries, Downtown
All Assistant Coordinators for Nurseries shall seek earnestly to magnify the glory of God by using their gifts and energy to support welcoming, safe, God-centered ministry to the parents and children of Bethlehem Baptist Church in keeping with the church’s mission statement and philosophy of ministry.
- Oversee the operation of all the nurseries for one or more of the following events in order to ensure an efficient, welcoming, safe, God-centered, Christ-exalting ministry to the church, the parents and the children in your care.
- Sunday morning worship services
- Wednesday Connection
- Women’s Bible Studies
- Approved Special Events
- Oversee the operation of the nurseries, including:
- Lead prayer time for the nursery ministry teams prior to the arrival of parents and children.
- Manage the nursery session, ensuring that policies and procedures are being followed. Be available for any emergencies or problems that may arise.
- Properly close the nurseries after the final services are over.
- Reconcile attendance records for your session.
- Keep records on the appropriate forms of the amount of time worked and the pay rate for each paid caregiver for sessions that have paid workers. Submit appropriate paperwork to Accounting; copies go to the appropriate Lead Coordinator for Nurseries.
- In cooperation with the appropriate Lead Coordinator for Nurseries the Assistant Coordinator for Childcare will:
- Assist in implementing and refining policies and procedures which further advance the Nursery Vision.
- Help develop, maintain and schedule Nursery teams which are comprised of Team Leaders, Teachers, and Caregivers.
- Attend required Coordinator Meetings.
- Share in the responsibility of ensuring nursery space, equipment and supplies are properly maintained.
- Model servant leadership and exhibit a helpful, joyful attitude.
- Sustain a vital, growing relationship with the Lord through personal and corporate worship, study of God’s Word, prayer, and regular, ongoing fellowship with believers at Bethlehem.
- Seek to undertake duties in the power of the Holy Spirit, undergirded with prayer, guided by the Scriptures, and manifesting the character of Christ for the glory of God.
- Be a member in good standing of Bethlehem Baptist Church or, if not a member when called to the church, become a member as soon as possible, ideally completing the membership process within three (3) months of the date that employment begins.
- While ensuring first loyalty is to God and the Word, support the leadership of the church generally and specifically for your area of ministry. Strive to maintain positive and fruitful relationships with other Bethlehem employees, members, and leaders. While concerns or differences of opinion may arise, all employees will communicate in a biblical manner and abide by appropriate supervisory direction and any final determinations of the Council of Elders.
- Vision and organizational skills necessary to work effectively within the context of a large church with multiple staff members and ministries.
- Strictly maintain appropriate confidentiality according to the guidelines set forth in Bethlehem’s Employee Handbook and Relational Commitments.
- Sign our Employee Handbook Acknowledgement Form and comply with all applicable church policies.
- Good understanding of the people, projects, or ministry under her responsibility and demonstrate faithfulness and good follow-through both in collaboration with other ministry partners and in independent efforts related to her role.
- Recognize volunteers as valuable co-laborers in ministry and will be proactive, prayerful, and persistent in the recruiting connected to her role.
- Give servant-hearted support to nursery ministry as well as to the broader needs of Bethlehem’s ministry.
- Demonstrate a commitment to growth by attending appropriate training, development, and team-building events.
Should be …
- Patient, warm, and caring
- Firm and consistent and nurturing
- Creative and imaginative
Should have …
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Energy and stamina
- Team orientation—collaborate well with others