Apply for this job
Job Description for Administrative Assistant for Youth & Family Discipleship, Downtown Campus
- Reports to Youth Ministry Staff, Downtown
- Campus: Downtown
- Position: Part-time, At Will
- Hours Per Week: 15
In dependence on God, the aim of all Administrative Assistant positions at Bethlehem is to wholeheartedly glorify Jesus Christ, seeking to spread a passion for the supremacy of God in all things for the joy of all peoples through Jesus Christ by using their gifts to provide administrative support to their specific area of ministry, and general support to the needs of the church office. Administrative Assistants shall maintain a Christian spirit of love and service toward the Bethlehem staff, congregation, and those we serve, in accordance with the church’s vision and philosophy of ministry.
- Perform administrative assistant tasks, including but not limited to:
- Word processing
- Database management
- Research projects
- Preparing/creating promotional materials as needed
- Running errands as necessary
- Encouraging and assisting congregational members in particular area of responsibility
- Use and support accuracy in the church database as needed.
- Participate in staff meetings required for this position.
- Cross-train with other support staff as needed.
- Answer phone and door in absence of Receptionist and any other duties as requested by the Director for Human Resources & Office Management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Provides administrative assistance for the greater Downtown Youth Ministry team.
- Provides classroom support for Sunday School and the Wednesday gatherings as necessary.
- Provides support for all other regular Downtown Youth events.
- Makes Downtown Campus Youth registrations for room, event, and vehicles.
- Assists in processing Downtown Campus family registrations and maintaining student rosters.
- Collaborates with the cross campus administrative youth team for retreats, cross-campus events, volunteer appreciation, and volunteer training tasks.
- Pursues a growing understanding of the events, happenings and teaching in Youth Ministry to maximize being a helpful initial point of contact.
- Pursues a growing understanding of the flow of the Youth yearly programming, enabling forward thinking, initiation and support.
- Assists with other duties as assigned.
- Model servant leadership and exhibit a helpful, joyful attitude.
- Sustain a vital, growing relationship with the Lord through personal and corporate worship, study of God’s Word, prayer, and regular, ongoing fellowship with believers at Bethlehem.
- Seek to undertake duties in the power of the Holy Spirit, undergirded with prayer, guided by the Scriptures, and manifesting the character of Christ for the glory of God.
- Be a member in good standing of Bethlehem Baptist Church or, if not a member when called to the church, become a member as soon as possible, ideally completing the membership process within three (3) months of the date that employment begins.
- While ensuring first loyalty is to God and the Word, support the leadership of the church generally and specifically for her area of ministry. Strive to maintain positive and fruitful relationships with other Bethlehem employees, members, and leaders. While concerns or differences of opinion may arise, all employees will communicate in a biblical manner and abide by appropriate supervisory direction and any final determinations of the Council of Elders. Whether leading her ministry or submitting to those in authority over her, the Minister Director will do so in a joyful manner.
Organizational Skill and Awareness
- Have the vision and organizational skills necessary to work effectively within the context of a large church with multiple staff members and ministries.
- Strictly maintain appropriate confidentiality according to the guidelines set forth in Bethlehem’s Employee Handbook and Relational Commitments.
- Sign our Employee Handbook Acknowledgement Form and comply with all applicable church policies.
Self-Motivated and Dependable
- Demonstrate a commitment to growth by attending appropriate training, development, and team-building events.
- Give servant-hearted support to specific area(s) of ministry as well as to the broader needs of Bethlehem’s church office and ministry.
Should be …
- A self-starter and an initiative-taker
- Detail oriented
- Able to manage stressful situations
- Familiar with Bethlehem ministry values, ethos, and priorities
- Eager to serve in both humble, unseen and visible, discernable ways
Should have …
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent administrative skills
- Computer competence
- Team orientation, collaborating well with others
- Strong creative and conceptual thinking
- In-depth problem solving and follow-through skills
- Ability to exercise sound judgment within established guidelines
- Ability to work well under direct supervision or independently with minimal instruction
- Ability to manage details and priorities under the pressure of tight deadlines and multiple projects
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- A passionate embrace of the “Vision for Child and Youth Discipleship” and the “Young Adult Vision Pillars”