Bethlehem's pastors are calling for all adults at Bethlehem to take part in this training with GRACE
(Godly Response to Abuse in the Christian Environment) so that the whole congregation is informed and equipped with the tools to put into practice the policies of the church. This training is also appropriate for youth, ages 13 and up.
No registration is needed, but we do ask you to check in at a kiosk when you attend the training.
The training is divided into four 45-minute segments:
- Facing the Reality of Child Abuse in the Church
- Responding to the Impact of Abuse
- Understanding Offenders and Their Tactics
- Your Role in Prevention and Response
There will be 15 minute breaks between the segments. Refreshments will be provided.
The training will address such questions as ...
- What does the Bible have to say about abuse?
- How prevalent is child abuse in the U.S. and in our churches?
- What are common myths about abuse?
- How do we care for survivors of abuse?
- What are common indicators of child abuse, and why do abused children need professional care?
- How do we recognize and respond to troubling behavior without being paranoid?
- How do we prevent abuse?
- How and when do we report abuse?
- How do children normally disclose abuse?