Join us for Pray & Play at Elliot Park
on Fridays from 10am-Noon, June through July! (No meeting July 5.)
Pray & Play is for women (children welcome) from the downtown metro who desire to engage with neighbors in love and join together in peaceful prayer against abortion. If you work in the area, consider bringing your lunch or a coffee. If you are with children, bring those diaper bags and strollers! Let’s join as sisters across all lines of difference.
We’ll meet for prayer at the NW corner of Elliot Park (8th St & 9th Ave). This is directly across from the Parkside Professional Building, where the ‟Whole Woman’s Health” abortion clinic resides on the 10th floor. We’ll prayer walk around the building to pray specifically over the 10th-floor abortion clinic and for changed hearts! (Note: We will not carry signs or
initiate with women being escorted by the clinic.) Research confirms that praying adults and children outside abortion clinics is a pivotal factor for a woman “on the fence” deciding about
her abortion—and WWH’s high-traffic times are Mon/Thur/Fri between 9am and 11am.
During our remaining time, we will be at the park connecting with our neighbors, kids, and one another.
- Segue Coffee shop is across the street from Elliot Park (restroom available with purchase).
- Street parking is available.
- The Bethlehem Baptist Church parking lot is an option, off 8th St & 13th Ave.
Learn about growing movements of prayer in our nation to end abortion by watching "Hear from Heaven" (vimeo)
How can I be involved in pro-life initiatives, beyond sidewalk prayer?
- Join Bethlehem for Life activities.
- Volunteer at pregnancy crisis centers around the Metro (see partnering locations in link above).
- Join Together for Good in supporting parents through hard times with respite care for their children.
- Offer babysitting, meals, and friendship to single moms in our church body and your spheres of relationships.
How do many women in decision—and our pro-choice friends and neighbors—reason for abortion?
The following links may give you understanding into their processing:
What are prayer points to keep in mind as we gather?
See additional prayer ideas on the Sanctity of Life webpage.
- That the Holy Spirit would change the minds of women in decision that morning, to not have an abortion
- That the Holy Spirit would change the minds of those pressuring women to have abortion, to encourage life and make supportive provisions
- That the Holy Spirit would bring clarity of mind amid desperate feelings, like fear and confusion
- That the WWHC would have technical malfunctions that would postpone or cancel appointments and allow for women to have more time to reconsider
- That WWHC abortion workers would discontinue complicity in abortion
- That the WWHC owner would decide to close the clinic or end abortion provision at the clinic
- That the church would take increased initiative in loving women who choose to keep their babies, by supporting and providing options like childcare support, mental health care, financial help, foster care, and adoption.
- That the Holy Spirit would help anti-abortionists (us) create strategies that are culturally relevant and effective in reversing the abortion culture of our day—whether legislative or grass roots.